This blog started out as "Baby Dunkelberger", a journey through my pregnancy. After our little one finally arrived, I decided to change the name to "The Dunkelberger Family", the adventures of Tyler, Jami, Lyla, Bella, Cash, Marmaduke and anyone else who should stumble into our crazy family :)

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yeah yeah I know I'm behind...

With the holidays here and family visits, I didn't get a chance to update my blog. And so I will attempt to catch up!

Week 3: My first love...

It was 2001 and the summer I turned 17, and he was a boy I fell head over heels for. Sigh. This one brings back memories. I was working as a lifeguard at a summer resort in canyon lake and he was working as a maintenance man. I was about to start my senior year or high school and he was about to start his junior year, although we were nearly the same age. He introduced me to Texas Country music and New Braunfels. He wore jeans that were WAY too tight, with a ring in his back pocket from his can of snuff, drove a lifted dodge truck, and managed to both steal and broke my heart. I learned a lot from that relationship: most of all, never date anyone your best friend and your parents dislike and never give anyone a second chance to break your heart again. It was all just one of the many journeys that led me to the loves of my life, Tyler and Lyla.

2 comments:

  1. oh yes, I was Satan. Stupid boy. haha. i'm glad you got over that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I knew Danielle would have some smart ass comment.

    ReplyDelete