This blog started out as "Baby Dunkelberger", a journey through my pregnancy. After our little one finally arrived, I decided to change the name to "The Dunkelberger Family", the adventures of Tyler, Jami, Lyla, Bella, Cash, Marmaduke and anyone else who should stumble into our crazy family :)

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

30 Week Blog Challenge: Week 1!!!

Week 1: Introduce yourself, recent picture, 15 interesting facts....

My name is Jami Rae Dunkelberger, formerly Calhoon. I am 26 years old and currently live in San Antonio, Texas. I am married to an amazing man, Tyler Robert Dunkelberger, and have been for almost 3 years now... WOW the time flies... We just had our first child on October 20, 2010. Lyla Jayde Dunkelberger is our little princess, pride and joy. We have 2 dogs, Bella (great dane) and Cash (black lab mutt), and a cat (Marmaduke or Duke for short). We just got rid of our ferret, Ferry Potter, about 2 weeks ago. Apparently ferrets and babies dont mix well. We miss her terribly but she went to a good home in new braunfels and we get pictures of her all the time :) That about covers the "introduce myself" part.

This is the most recent picture I have taken...


This was earlier today when I started out to decorate our christmas tree... This year is the first year we have had our own full size christmas tree so we dont have ANY decorations to make our new tree look pretty. So after Tyler got home last night and we ate dinner and played with Lyla a bit, which was about 1130pm, I decided to go to wal-mart to get some decoration. Millions of dollars later, I returned with decorations. I ran the Lyla drill, fed her, changed her, burped her, blah blah blah, hoping I could put her in her swing right next to me while I decorated. WRONG. The little turd didnt want to sit in her swing, bouncer, on the couch, or in her crib. She wanted me to hold her so she could be in the middle of everything. Well I couldnt get much done with one arm, so I grabbed my moby wrap and tried to stick her in there so I would have 2 free hands. After trying multiple positions, I ended up holding her again and sitting her in my lap so she could watch. She thought it all was pretty dang funny of course. Of course my ornaments needed little hangers attached to them and i only got material ones that you have to squeeze through a little hole and tie, I sat there on the floor and attached those things to all my ornaments with one arm. All the while fighting off the dog and the cat because they were convinced the shiny balls were their toys. After about 3 hours of fending off animal attacks on my ornaments and keeping the baby happy, I gave up. I have 1 ornament hanging on my tree. Sigh. Maybe I will have better luck tomorrow.

15 interesting facts...

1. I'm tall. 6'0". Although Tyler tells me I'm not all the time. I am. And I LOVE wearing high heels!

2. I was born in Escondido, California where I lived until I was about 5 years old. I was then transplanted to Texas.

3. I went to 3 different colleges and officially changed my major 4 times. After Texas Lutheran University, Texas Tech, Texas State and back to Texas Lutheran, I graduated with a BBA in accounting and a BS in accounting. 2 degrees = student loans forever! My pre-accounting majors were kinesiology, interior design and general business.

4. After returning to TLU in 2004/2005, and not participating in athletics from 2002 until then, I walked on to the track team as a high jumper and discus thrower. I won conference in high jump, actually placed im discus, and our team won conference for the first time in TLU history. Yeah, yeah, its only a D3 school, but STILL. I have a college conference championship ring!

5. I worked at hooters for 4 years throughout college. It paid for about half of my private school tuition which I am thankful for. I especially loved it when my college professors would ask me where I worked. And then say Oh.

6. I love wakeboarding. Mostly on a cable, Im not a huge fan or riding behind a boat. Tyler bought me a pink wakeboard for my birthday about 4 years ago :) Before I started the professional lifestyle, I had finally learned how to hit sliders at the ski ranch, so fun! Now that we live in san antonio, we dont make it out to the texas ski ranch anymore :(

7. I'm an auditor. I dont do taxes. Theres quite often the misconception that because I'm an accountant, I do taxes. Its annoying when people refer to tax season when I am asked about my job. And I dont audit individual people, but when i say im an auditor, i generally get that crazy scared look like im coming after you. Im a corporate auditor. i now realize most people have no idea what a corporate auditor is/does. the following quotes sum up my job pretty well...

"Auditors are the people who comes in after the battle is over to shoot the wounded."


"Auditing is providing information nobody understands to people who couldn't care less."

If that doesnt tell you what i do, watch the following video... i think its hilarious because it basically describes my work life to the T. but i dunno, it could be lame accounting humor that nobody else thinks is funny. theres other episodes there is anyone cares.

Public accounting episode 1
8. I dont like living in san antonio and i wish i could move back to new braunfels.

9. I hate to cook, but i love to bake desserts. And eat them of course. I have a huge sweet tooth.

10. I have been blessed with many opportunities to travel to various beatiful countries. I wish I could do more of that and see many more countries. That may have to wait now that miss Lyla has arrived.

11. I love playing games. spider solitaire is among my faves. in fact, i have just about mastered my one-handed feeding while playing spider solitaire technique. just dont ask me to decorate a tree one handed.

12. i love wrapping presents. i wish there was a money makin opportunity there...

13. tyler and i never got a honeymoon... maybe one day

14. i still cant believe im a mom. its so weird growing up and getting older.

15. i love my  in-laws. they are wonderful and amazing people. even if we have to visit them in iowa. mom-in-law texted me today and said its 7 degrees there right now. sheesh!

That is all i got tonight! Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment