This blog started out as "Baby Dunkelberger", a journey through my pregnancy. After our little one finally arrived, I decided to change the name to "The Dunkelberger Family", the adventures of Tyler, Jami, Lyla, Bella, Cash, Marmaduke and anyone else who should stumble into our crazy family :)

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just Waiting...

Today I am 38 weeks and 4 days along. I never thought 10 days would seem like an eternity, but it does.
It's nice to be on maternity leave and not have to go into work every day but boy have I been bored.
So I have been watching a lot of TV and trying to find a hobby. I cant work on Lyla's room or the house, because it is still under construction... Yes, Tyler has been catching a lot of grief from me because the house is STILL under construction. Hopefully we can make some progress this weekend. I worked on painting Lyla's room decorations the other day...



Now I just have to finish the Jayde part, and once the ceilings are done in her room (this weekend), I can put them on her wall!
I've been trying to stay off my feet because if I walk around too much, they look like this...


We were finally able to get Lyla's changing table. IKEA has been sold out since we went months ago to try and buy it. Apparently there is quite a high demand for changing tables these days?

I had a doctor appointment on Monday. No change since last week unfortunately. The doctor keeps saying Lyla's not coming early unfortunately. I have another doctor appointment on Tuesday, which is the last one before my actual due date. I'm going to find out what the plan is if Lyla hasn't come by my due date. Induction? YES PLEASE! If I have to go past my due date, I might scream. We're ready Lyla, please come out now!!!

I sure hope the next 10 days pass quickly...


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 38 weeks and 4 days
Size of baby: Watermelon... How is a watermelon supposed to come out of me??? goodness gracious... 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Gained - too much. I claim its all water weight
Maternity Clothes: Not even maternity clothes are comfortable to wear anymore
Gender: Girl
Movement: Lyla LOVES to kick me in the ribs. Tyler had his hands on my belly the other night and said "wow, that's so amazing." I completely agree with him.
Sleep: Can't sleep at night these days. Between the constant tossing and turning and bathroom breaks, I am a very tired lady. At least I can nap during the day. Lyla must be preparing me for when she arrives.
What I miss: walking normal
Symptoms: Can't sleep, heartburn with EVERYTHING, swollen feet and ankles, upset stomach, a little nausea, grumpiness, very achy hips, I could go on and on right now...
Cravings: country music has definitely been my strangest craving, if you can call it a craving. I haven't listened to a country station in YEARS and now my radio doesn't stray from the country stations. It's quite strange but that's all I want to listen to these days. Silly Lyla. Good thing grandma got Lyla a pair of cowboy boots. Aunt Danielle already wants to take her to the rodeo :)
Best Moment this week: Overall, it's been a pretty good week. I haven't been very productive, but I have gotten to spend a lot of time with Danielle this week - after my dr. appointment on Monday and for her birthday yesterday.

Until next time... Lyla's progress:
Week 38: Stuck in a holding pattern
  As you know, you've arrived at the final leg of your pregnancy journey, and if you're still carrying your little love around, they've just about reached their birth weight (somewhere between 6 to 8 pounds is average depending on whether they're a boy or girl). There really isn't a lot to report on baby this week, so lets do a quick recount of where we're at: all internal organ systems are pretty much ready for the outside world, they've got their meconium stockpile building up (their first black baby poo), lots of healthy baby fat, a rapidly developing brain (that'll keep growing with them for years to come), and they've more or less reached official baby status-- all they need to do is "head out" and say hello to the rest of the world and especially their ready-to-pop momma.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for u both:)- monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO excited for you!! Can't wait to see pictures!! Put your feet up and relax as much as possible!! Don't get induced, she will come!! What they don't tell ya is normal gestation can be up to 42 weeks :)!! Going into labor randomly was the coolest experience!! :)

    ReplyDelete